Digital Design Director—Web
Aquent's Client is looking for a talented and progressive Digital Design Director with a strong background in designing innovative, enterprise-scale websites for global brands with a keen eye towards mobile and responsive design systems.
This is a dream job for an experienced Digital Design Director – you’ll get to make a real impact world-wide creating customer-centric digital brand experiences for oracle.com.
You thrive among creative thinkers, innovators, designers, storytellers, photographers, code superheroes, font nerds, and technologists. You're not afraid to be disruptive and push yourself outside your comfort zone to put your creative superpowers to use in support of specific projects and the brand at large.
You have a healthy disregard for the status quo and thrive in an environment that encourages calculated risk. You distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant, visual solutions that work across multiple platforms.
You champion new technology, unexpected ideas, and pushing boundaries in your quest for continued innovation. You're passionate about elegant design that is rooted in strategy, telling meaningful stories. You are a design thinker and a creative manager.
What’s in it for You:
• Make a big impact on a leading cloud brand’s website and other marquee digital marketing properties
• Run with a talented and fun team that gets to innovate and define branding on digital, web, and mobile solutions, and get paid (well) for doing it
• Lead a team of rock star digital designers
What you’ll be Doing:
• Manage a team of Senior Digital Designers creating innovative and effective design solutions, including developing web visual style for all marquee marketing web properties
• Create innovative responsive design solutions, including website redesign efforts with a key eye on overall unifying branding and UX patterns
• Collaborate and build consensus with UX, front-end, editorial, and publishing teams to deliver holistic interactive design solutions that are customer- and user-centric
• Successfully extend designs across different devises: desktop, tablet, mobile, via responsive and native design techniques
• Provide senior-level leadership, design, and strategic creative solutions to a team of digital designers
• Brainstorm in a team environment to develop creative concepts
• Present to internal clients and senior executives
• Drive brand consistency while creating new digital design patterns
Skills you’ll Need:
• 8+ years design experience in an agency working on technology clients and/or with a technology company (or a global brand)
• Strong leadership skills and inspiring positive energy
• Be a self starter. Manage time wisely with an eye for detail. Thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to adopt, understand, and contribute to brand guidelines for a digital-first brand
• Strong mobile responsive and native application design experience
• Good understanding of coding technologies and responsive coding capabilities
• Strong spoken and written English communication skills
• Proven experience engaging with all levels of management
• Effective creative project management
• Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, and Animate
• Working knowledge of CSS and HTML a plus
• A clean and modern design aesthetic is preferred
• A sense of humor and good listening skills a plus
***Working remotely is an option