- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Corey King
This UX Writer & Content Strategist will collaborate with a cross-product group of Designers, Product Managers, Marketers, and Engineers to develop easy-to-understand language for users and guidelines for developers. The Content Strategist should think quickly and strategically to find scalable, repeatable solutions that support ease of use and engagement. A payments, ecommerce, or banking background will help this writer hit the ground running.
Top 3 Key Responsibilities:
1. Define and write guidelines for developers (both within and outside of The Client) who are setting up payments
2. Define and write user interface copy for onboarding, task flows, and re-engagement
3. Strategize on messaging across surfaces for voice, web, and mobile users of The Client's products
- Bachelor\'s degree or equivalent experience in English, Communications, HCI, or a related field
- Experience writing technical specs or guidelines
- 3-5 years of experience in writing and designing UI for products as part of an experience design team
- Portfolio of successful product and writing work
- Mastery of writing rules and mechanics, especially when writing for consumers
- Strong verbal and written communications including developing presentations
- Ability to confidently drive design thinking by working closely with UX and product teams
- Ability to work out creative solutions when stakeholders have different perspectives
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of ecommerce or payments/transactions design writing background
- Familiarity with software development processes
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: