- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
Aquent’s client, a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company in NY, is seeking a UX Research Assistant for 6+ months to join a multi-disciplinary team of designers and researchers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- You may make day trips to user study locations in and around the New York City area.
- You may be asked to work from other offices, too, as needed.
- Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation, take notes during user study sessions, and data preparation & coding.
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Analyzing qualitative data, create video highlights to communicate findings from the study to the research lead.
- Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Preparing user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab etc.).
- Planning, observing and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, some related work experience.
- At least 1 year industry experience conducting user research
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers, field research, surveys.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Interest in general research and user research methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects and be flexible in adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: