AQUENT is seeking a Consumer Insight Researcher to join a Fortune 200 client in the Richmond, VA area! This team provides consumer insights that inform products, services, experiences and marketing strategies for our client's business, including both acquiring new customers and engaging existing customers.
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- A passionate advocate for the consumer – someone who loves understanding people, their attitudes, needs, and behaviors
- Grounded in market research fundamentals – understands what is required to get quality insights and can assess when and how to make tradeoffs between speed and quality
- Experienced using methodologies that involve behavioral psychology, behavioral economics, neuroscience, etc. to better understand consumer decision making, especially the subconscious realm that consumers often can’t articulate
- Organized – can drive projects to completion, prioritize across multiple requests, and manage a budget
- A great storyteller – can influence by packaging and presenting insights in a compelling way
- Able to effectively interact with, and impact the thinking of, senior leadership
- A great teammate – brings a positive attitude and is enjoyable to work with
In this role you will develop impactful insights that drive strategy and decision making. To do this you will:
- Provide research support and proactively identify opportunities for improving marketing communications results from a variety of different channels (i.e., direct mail, web, email, mobile).
- Lead research to optimize positioning, design and language of marketing communications prior to in-market testing
- Actively seek and evaluate new approaches for unearthing insights
- Maintain a network with internal partners to identify and prioritize research needs (including developing and managing learning agendas and associated research budgets)
- Leverage and integrate primary research, multiple studies, secondary sources, and marketplace intelligence
- Leverage a network of pre-identified research suppliers to execute studies, as well as employing DIY approaches (e.g. Qualtrics surveys and qualitative interview moderation)
- Present insights to business partners, senior leadership, and stakeholders that drive business actions
- Integrate and share insights across the partner teams
- Coach, manage, and mentor junior members of the organization
- Bachelors’ Degree in business, market research, marketing, sociology, psychology, or behavioral economics or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a marketing research / consumer insights role
- At least 3 years of experience in planning, execution and analysis of market research
- At least 3 years of experience in presentation of research findings
- At least 3 years of experience with a combination of qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Advanced degree in business, marketing research, consumer psychology, or management consulting
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing research / consumer insights role
- At least 5 years of experience in planning, execution, and analysis of market research
- At least 5 years on the client side within the marketing research profession
- At least 2 years of experience using Behavioral-based research methods
- At least 2 years of experience using advanced analytic research methods such as choice studies / conjoint
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.