Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Senior Copywriter to work a long-term, ongoing assignment (40 hours/week). This team will require individuals to be on-site in San Jose at least 2 days/week, but there is potential to work out of the San Francisco office 2 days/week and 1-day remote.
This team is looking for a strong, enthusiastic and versatile copywriter to write copy for the Client's enthusiasts across fashion, auto parts, tech and other launches (ie. iPhone launch). The copy will include headlines, copy for banner ads, emails subject lines (will not include the email copy itself).
- Support the seasonal and promotional marketing initiatives by producing engaging content for the Client's owned digital channels (website, email, and editorial assets).
- Execute on a content calendar to support the seasonal and promotional business needs, aligned to critical business milestones including seasonal sales cycles and promotional campaigns
- Concept and write on a daily basis for client-owned channels, ensuring high quality, and voice and style consistency across all platforms.
- Own high-profile projects from end to end, and presenting that work to leadership when necessary
- Act as a proxy to the team’s Copy Lead when needed
- Collaborate closely with Design, Marketing, and Merchandising teams on several concurrent marketing campaigns.
- Support and influence Marketing’s traffic, performance, and engagement goals.
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas to influence the Marketing and Creative strategies. Adapt and adhere to processes in a rapidly growing Creative and Marketing organization.
- MUST have a portfolio highlighting copy across headlines, copy for banner ads and emails subject lines
- Must be an excellent creative conceptor and writer with a strong editorial point of view, and possess the ability to maintain a consistent tone across multiple channels and executions.
- Must be able to work within the client's brand voice, brand guidelines, and consumer audience.
- To succeed in this job, you must be a creative and critical thinker, highly detailed, and a self-starter who can meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years’ experience in retail or e-commerce Copywriting, or related field.
- Excellent copywriting skills; strong verbal communicator and presenter.
- Ability to work effectively to quickly changing priorities and processes.
- Experience in successful partnering with various teams including Marketing, SEO, UX, Design, and Merchandising in a fast-paced editorial environment.
- Extremely effective and organized; able to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- Candidates who are already intimately familiar with the hard goods business is a plus but not required.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders navigating conflict and developing consensus.