Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Senior Copywriter to work a a long-term, ongoing assignment (40 hours/week). This team will require individuals to be on-site in San Jose at least 2 days/week, but there is potential to work out of the San Francisco office 2 days/week and 1-day remote.
This team is looking for a strong, enthusiastic and versatile copywriter to write all content that will be seen by a seller when they log in to their eCommerce shop profile - C2C, B2B, blog spots, some video script writing, storyboarding with designers, etc.
The ideal candidate will have experience with various types of marketing copy, including emails, ads, site copy, print media, video scripts, and social posts.
- Develop client-to-seller marketing content that is purposeful, on-brand, and high-quality, including instructional videos, emails, advertising, telemarketing scripts, landing pages, signage, print media, social, and event copy
- Ensure all copy on seller marketing channels is of the highest quality, and improve the craft of seller writing
- Collaborate with Design and Photo Teams to finalize layouts and ensure effective storytelling
- Create video scripts and support video production from concept through execution
- Support and influence Marketing’s traffic, performance, and engagement goals
- Adapt and adhere to processes in a rapidly growing Creative and Marketing organization
- Collaborate with various internal Marketing, Merchandising, and Creative teams
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas to influence the Marketing strategy
- Determine how best to incorporate analytics results into content
- Get to know the seller audiences to ensure we’re messaging to them in a meaningful way
- Incorporate SEO organically and purposefully
- Understand and evaluate the competitive landscape
- MUST have a portfolio highlighting copy across a variety of mediums: emails, eCommerce, advertising, scripts, landing pages, print media, social media, events, etc.
- Candidates MUST have a vested interested writing in brand voice who can create clear, concise messaging that resonates with the seller audiences. Partnering closely with Seller Marketing, Design, and the Business Social Team, this position requires a collaborative, creative thinker who can iterate quickly to solve messaging puzzles. A successful Seller Copywriter is excited about and compelled by all of the storytelling possibilities inherent in our diverse seller community.
- 4+ years in Marketing Writing, Copywriting, Editing, Content Management, or related field
- BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communication, or related field
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills; strong verbal communicator and presenter
- Self-starter, problem-solver attitude
- Ability to think creatively under pressure and to deadline
- Ability to work effectively to quickly changing priorities and processes
- Active participation in brainstorms and meetings; not afraid to ask questions and drive for clarity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly communicative team
- Experience in successful partnering with various teams including Marketing, SEO, Legal, UX, Design, and Merchandising
- Desire to engage with a diverse and motivated community
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ecommerce/Digital Retail experience a plus
- Experience working with seller communities a big plus!
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset is a must!