- Toronto, ON
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Suzanne Alpizar
Would you like to work at one of the greatest, most innovative and world changing companies leading the Business Affairs function in the region, driving the planning, licensing and execution of intellectual property rights-managed content in client's marketing?
This position is temporary with a good chance of conversion to perm for the right candidate. On site in Toronto.
Our client is looking for a Business Affairs Communications manager for their Global MarCom group. This group oversees all of the advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. In this assignment, you will be working across functions, fostering and maintaining excellent internal and external relationships, and securing regionally relevant content for deeper customer resonance and engagement.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the advertising, entertainment, or other media content-focused industry and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This is a senior role.
- Demonstrated skills in core areas: reviewing and drafting licensing agreements, strong negotiation skills, partnership management, creative problem-solving.
- Expertise in identifying potential legal and cultural issues in the Canadian market.
- Working knowledge of IP rights
- Fluent in both oral and written English and are able to effectively communicate with teams at Marcom in United States.
- Fluency in Canadian French is strongly desired
- Deep expertise in partnering with, and building real, productive relationships across Marcom creative and business functions, and other business units is essential for your success.
- Self-motivated and possess high emotional intelligence, flexibility, and a collaborative approach.
- Able to travel to U.S. company headquarters, or other regions, 2-4 times a year (average 2-3 weeks per visit).
- Bachelor’s Degree required. JD or MBA a plus
- Represent Marcom’s Business Affairs team in your region, leading the function with a high degree of ownership, integrity, and accountability.
- Coordinating and planning appropriate, locale-specific content to replace Worldwide Marcom content that is not available or suitable for use, consulting with Legal as needed.
- Make informed content recommendations in response to project briefs requiring local content, and work with local vendor content production, creative and brand teams, and PR to obtain creative approval of suggestions.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with partners and communicating with internal teams to understand context of content in deliverables in order to negotiate appropriate usage rights.
- Coordinate with local and US-based Content Production and Producers to support internal rights management systems and ensure that assets are accurately tracked and shared across creative disciplines.
- React quickly to new information, opinions, and direction and strategically pivot when necessary.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. JD or MBA a plus.