- San Francisco CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Chris Moreno
Under general supervision, the Associate Designer assists in designing our Women’s Soft Accessories product line (hats, scarves, gloves, socks) that is consistent with a season’s theme. This person will work more independently in creating and executing the design for a limited area of responsibility. Work will be reviewed by manager on a periodic basis. Responsible for creating original concepts that encompass style, color and fabric as a result of interpreting fashion trends. Produces sketches and may make seasonal presentations of proposed designs. Analyzes fashion trends. Partners with sourcing and materials development. May provide basic fit and body block information and attend fit sessions. Typically reports to Design Director.
• Responsible for researching domestic markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
• Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
• Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
• Responsible for “specing” a new design.
• Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
• Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis.
• Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
• Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
• Assists in fabric and trim development.
• Can meet independently with vendors.
• Solid understanding of design process
• Previous Sweater experience required
• Solid flat sketching skills
• Good design and color sense
• Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
• Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
• Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
• Good organizational, time management and communication skills
• General computer knowledge
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
• 2-4 years design experience.
• Ability to use personal computer.
• Occasional travel may be required.
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.