- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Courtney Schaefer
- Work with a team of Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to help define user experience goals
- Design studies and conduct research for products: either focusing on subcomponents of the ecosystem, or, entailing the end-to-end usage of the product.
- Conduct qualitative studies to aid discovery and prioritization of product features; qualitative & quantitative studies to validate the usability of the features that the team implemented.
- Recruit participants and special user types, run user testing sessions and communicate findings.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through prototypes, server & device logs, experiments, benchmark studies, lab studies and surveys.
- Summarize / visualize findings and help drive change by effectively communicating findings to product stakeholders.
- M.A. / M.S. / PhD in Human Factors, Communication, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology or other field emphasizing human behavior - or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of work experience
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Strong working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com).
- Breadth of experience in qualitative research methodology, and product strategy.
- Enterprise experience and international research both pluses
- Programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java, or Go), and in SQL.
- Experience in visualizing data HCI experience
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: