- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Courtney Schaefer
- Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab, finalizing study plans, etc.)
- Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews, taking notes during sessions
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data
- Analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing research findings
- Creating reports that highlight the findings (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.)
- Communicating findings/reports from research to the research lead and team stakeholders.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Planning, conducting, and analyzing user studies under direction of manager
- Work with Interaction Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Advocating to product teams on behalf of users and communicating research results
- M.A./M.S. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 1-2 years of experience as a Research Assistant
- Experience with experimental design
- Experience or background conducting mobile research Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Detailed-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- PhD (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 3+ years of experience as a Research Assistant or User Researcher in industry
- Quantitative and statistical analysis skills
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: