Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a UX Designer on a long-term contract basis. As a member of the User Design team, the UX Designer analyzes client/colleague/user needs to create a world-class user experience for the client colleague programs/applications used on desktop, mobile, kiosk and any interactive device. Working with stakeholders, create application/website strategies to satisfy user needs. Define site architecture and navigation. Conduct or coordinate user research and document intended user experience.
Information Architecture & Interaction Design:
- Brainstorm and collaborate with product, business system analysts, developers, and other stakeholders to identify user interface needs and define use cases.
- Defines interaction design through building an interactive Axure prototype for individual screen elements, navigation, and interactions.
- Provide an initial list of usability ideas, questions, and suggestions during requirement-gathering phase. Surface these to help shape business requirements and push for user experience requirements.
- Develop UX/IA documentation (outlines, process flows, sketches, scenarios, site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes) for web/desktop/ mobile/kiosk/interactive applications to define functionality and user behavior.
- Responsible for “wireframing” design solutions and creating user experience patterns to be reused in applications.
- Analyze and interpret existing business documentation, requirements, features, and functionalities per project.
- Conducts or coordinates user research and acts as the voice for users/ clients/colleagues during the project. Iterates on design ideas during the research process. Becomes the voice of user needs and user feedback from research sessions.
- Conducts research on new and emerging UX/UI trends to educate and keep current and forward thinking.
- Created visual design systems and comps/ visual design deliverables for the team.
- Participates in post-launch activities to evaluate the customer experience like benchmark testing, heuristic evaluations, keeping track of how ux benchmarks are being met.
- Responsible for integrating the User Testing process and other research activities into UX projects
- Develops prototype and makes appropriate revisions to wireframes
- Works with product to develop usability test script
- Analyze data collected from prototype test group and submit final report of usability revision recommendations to project stakeholders.
- Copywriting (nice to have)
- Provides clear and concise web copy for client facing and colleague facing systems.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience with information architecture and interaction design of web sites
- Minimum 5 years of experience using interaction design tools for prototyping like Axure
- Minimum 5 years leading and defending user experience projects and client interaction