You'll team up with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to create energy solutions. And you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Summary: Assist operations in writing critical operating procedures for natural gas compressors and fired process equipment. Utilize human performance and technical writing skills to clearly and concisely provide draft procedures for operations review.
• Associate degree
• At least 5+ years of Microsoft Office experience-Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint
• At least 5+ years of Technical Writing experience
• Operations experience with Compressors and Fired Equipment and Gas
• Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with management of change programs
• Previous experience developing Operating Procedures for equipment
• Background in Oil & Gas Operations
• Bachelor’s degree in computer system or Information System is preferred
• Smart Procedures
• Background with Human Performance guidelines
• Knowledge/familiarity of gas plant operations
• Coordinates design and writing of operating procedures
• Writing procedures in gas plants and turnaround procedures
• Delivers written documentation, including procedures and quick reference guides
• Delivers electronic documentation, including Web content and meta tags
• Champions management of change process for operating procedures (review and approval process)
• Analyzes existing documentation for potential human performance gaps
• Edits written material for grammar, clarity and audience comprehension
• Responds to general questions about language, writing and writing tools
• Writing procedures for compressors and fired process equipment
• Traveling- At least 50% of the time. He/she will travel to Colorado and Midland, TX. They will visit two different plants in Colorado at least 1 week out of every month. client will reimburse for their traveling expenses.
• Team environment- Will work alongside the manager and 2 other technical writers. He/she will work directly in the field with customers majority of the time. This person will also communicate with gas plant operators, field specialists, production supervisors, etc.
• About 27 procedures in one plant and 65 procedures in the other plant in Colorado to review and validate
Candidates can be based in Colorado but this will require travel to Midland, TX as well as the two different plants in Colorado**