- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
Designing for in-car experiences means tackling unique and fascinating design challenges that simply don’t exist in other environments. Come help redefine what automotive means, whether for the drive, car ownership, or the industry worldwide and make a global impact. We are looking for a visual designer to join the design team.
As a designer, you will be responsible for all stages of the UX design process -- especially early phase projects. You will work closely with design leadership, research, engineers, and product managers throughout the entire product cycle. This role will face complex and interesting user experience challenges, across platforms, devices and surfaces, in the digital and physical worlds. You must be confident living in ambiguity. You are constantly encouraged to find new ways for innovation to make our product’s users’ experiences even better.
• Act as primary driver for developing early concepts and points-of-view for new projects and products
• Collaborate with researchers, designers, prototypers, product managers, engineers, and the leadership team to set strategy for new experiences and product investments.
• Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process through mockups and/or prototypes.
• Gauge the usability and delightfulness of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
• Advocate design excellence by focusing on user needs and design consistency.
• Create documentation that enables developers to build software that fosters a delightful user experience.
• Never being happy until it's right and working with engineering and product management to make it so.
- Degree in design, graphic design, new media, or equivalent.
- 4+ years visual / UI design.
- Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Production design experience
- Understanding of adaptive responsive design
- Experience collaborating with engineers
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: