- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
For this assignment with Aquent's client, we are seeking the following:
- Achieve the publication’s desired content and image by editing art and copy with 100% accuracy and consistency using nomenclature, proper grammar, usage, punctuation, type specs, typography, grids, folios and pagination.
- Ensure all copy adheres to appropriate style guides.
- Ensure content conforms to client brand identity by using appropriate voice, tonality and message to support that brand.
- Review each stage to ensure that all marked internal changes and client changes are done accurately and with no newly introduced errors.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have formal training as an editor.
- Succinct writing, proofing and editing skills with a strong drive for accuracy and detail are musts.
- Self-motivated, and possess an unwavering work ethic and a strong desire to learn.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, highly productive and collaborative environment and has strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and a page layout program such as InDesign is a must and working knowledge of Photoshop and Dreamweaver (or other web design/photo editing software) is a plus.
- 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or Communications is preferred. Minimum Bachelor's Degree is required
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)