Aquent's Fortune 50 client is currently seeking an Email Designer with working knowledge of HTML (do not need to know how to code). This position would be an on-going long-term assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Atlanta, GA.
This role will be supporting the decor side of the email line of business.
- Create high-level email designs/concepts/layouts, creative versions depending on tests or segmentation, interactive designs and provide photo direction
- Responsible for proof changes, concepts off of wireframes, building animations in Photoshop
- Design creative that meets and exceeds strategic objectives for email advertising
- Work with a creative team of designers, the online team, project managers, copywriters, developers/production, agencies, photographers and other vendors
- Attend cross-functional meetings to gather direction to begin building content within formulated layouts
- Provide quality assurance and quality standards on creative deliverables
- MUST have a portfolio that highlights your web design (web design is nice, but portfolios not highlighting responsive email design will not be considered)
- Working knowledge and understanding of constraints with HTML, but does not need to know how to code.
- Ideally 3+ years experience (experience in a retail environment or advertising agency is a must)
- Experience in responsive design and building rotating gifs with still images and video assets is required
- Must have an understanding of the limitations of Flash and other emerging platforms
- Ability to deconstruct static creative elements e.g., Photoshop and convert to HTML for web publishing
- Experience leading a team of designers, production specialists and writers to creative excellence
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think and respond quickly maintaining attention to detail
- Mastery of visual content creation, including (possible) planning and executing shoots for video and still photography, a plus