Our eCommerce Client is looking for a Communications & Public Relations Manager!
This role will own the partner communications needs end-to-end, including comms plans around key retail moments, crisis comms, internal PR relationships in addition to managing our event calendar and execution of events designed to recruit and grow partner engagement. The right candidate will have a creative mindset and be familiar with Comms, PR and marketing in retail. S/he will have a strong bias for action, be comfortable working in ambiguity, a quick study and have a keen ability to remain focused under pressure. S/he will work in tandem with marketing, product, Customer Support and Partner Development teams to create concise, compelling communications programs in support of our most important Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own strategy, development and deployment for Partner communications, and associated outcomes
- Direct the creation of content and programs which clearly articulate “why it matters” for Partners
- Own the end-to-end plan for any necessary communications, internally and externally
- Work alongside product, service and marketing in times where internal and external crisis comms are needed, to drive key message and associated reactive messaging
- Own event calendar and drive execution for Partner events hosted by client in addition to events our Partners host where we have a presence
You have a unique combination of skills, talents and mindset, including:
- A keen sense of how to approach complex problems – asking the right questions and getting to consensus quickly
- Demonstrated experience with developing communication plans in occasionally ambiguous environments – creative thinking when answers aren’t always clear;
- Previous verifiable experience managing crisis communications, ideally in technical environments
- Proven ability to achieve results while balancing and prioritizing work on multiple projects
- Innate interest in how and why things work the way they do. You are curious.
- Experience planning events of varying size and scale
- You have worked on distributed teams and are comfortable with inherent challenges, and are creative in approaches to getting things done
- Experience with global teams a big plus