Our top entertainment and education client is looking to hire a Data Science Analyst for a one year assignment with potential to convert to full time. This position comes with W2 pay and a generous benefits package.
This advanced analytics team turns data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team supports global company efforts to increase revenue, drive audiences, and enhance consumer engagement.
The Data Science Analyst will be responsible for executing projects to support an innovative and internationally growing data team within a dynamic media business. These efforts will include optimization of revenue, viewership, engagement, retention, content value, and customer value for multiple media platforms. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for collecting, aggregating, and preparing data for analysis, as well as developing and operationalizing mathematical/statistical analyses, hypothesis tests, and algorithms/models.
You’ll need to be an innovative forward-thinker who will help lead end-to-end execution of data science project and contribute directly to existing and emerging business strategies and goals. Communication and ability to work in a collaborative team environment are essential.
Within the Data & Advanced Analytics team, you’ll work with the Data Science Manager, Senior Data Scientists, data engineers, and data strategists to develop, refine, and scale data products. Therefore, this role requires strong technical and communication skills, creativity and attention to detail, and experience executing data science projects from project definition to final product delivery.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Access or collect data as needed for analyses
- Apply data mining techniques to cleanse and explore large, complex data sets in preparation for further analysis
- Develop and implement appropriate hypothesis tests
- Develop, validate, and work with senior data scientists to implement appropriate mathematical and statistical algorithms and models; including implementation on large data sets
- Work closely with senior data scientists to develop data products which communicate insights to internal stakeholders
- Work closely with managers, senior data scientists, and other team members to create repeatable processes and operationalize scalable data products
- Assist in making data science techniques approachable and understandable to non-data scientists
- Stay current with new data science methods, technologies, and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (statistics, physics, computer science, etc.); students enrolled in quantitative Master’s Program preferred
- 2+ years proven business experience and technical expertise in data science
- Experience cleansing and preparing large, complex datasets for analysis
- Experience applying statistics or machine learning in a professional or other intensive problem-solving environment with large, complex datasets
- Experience in statistical programming languages such as R or the Python scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, like Tableau
- General knowledge of or direct experience with the media industry
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner
- Ability and eagerness to learn and teach others