- Los Gatos, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Rae Jones
Our client's Experience Design team is seeking a hybrid writer who combines artful
scriptwriting with a passion for user experience design and interactive storytelling. You
will write delightful UX copy in that balances the tone of our interactive shows with the
voice of the brand product. At times, you will concept and write video scripts that guide our
members through an interactive experience.
You are a storyteller at heart who can develop ideas across digital platforms. You love a
no-holds-barred brainstorm as much as an expertly organized test plan. You know how
and when to switch gears between big, fanciful ideas and practical, effective scalable
execution. You have deep knowledge of TV and movies, a keen sense of empathy for
the entertainment audience, and a deep passion for fantastic user experiences.
You think about home entertainment in many dimensions and can articulate various
approaches to presenting new content and messaging experiences to consumers. You
communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for
your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
Key Responsibilities: You will work on several projects at once, providing concepting,
content strategy and writing from early ideation through final execution. As an expert on
voice and writing, you’ll partner with product designers, video editors, sound designers,
product managers, researchers and engineers. You will leverage the writing team at
large on multi-title projects by composing clear, precise briefs.
● 10+ years of relevant writing experience: UX writing, consumer-focused
copywriting, and short-form script writing
● Comfortable in a test and learn environment
● A deep empathy for our members and human behavior
● Analytical thinking about customer journeys and content flows
● Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion
● Exceptional English writing and editing ability
● Experience with A/B testing preferred
● Demonstrable creativity
● Outstanding communication, presentation and people skills
● Highly collaborative and self-directed
● Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules
● Experience partnering with design teams
● Experience working with global brands
● Content production of linear and interactive narratives is a plus
● Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus
The Team: You’ll join a group of writers and content designers within the Experience
Design (XD) team who define and evolve the voice of the brand service, from UI and
Love television and movies? With over 9 million streaming customers in 100+ different countries, our client is shaping the future of global entertainment. They are focused on bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by creating and promoting original and exclusive content.
- A self-starter
- Naturally curious
- Able to quickly adapt to change
- Always looking for new ways improve
Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Working for our client, you’ll enjoy
- A creative and fast-paced atmosphere
- Opportunities to work on industry leading projects
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks catered daily
- Commuter shuttles
If you are qualified and interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to Rae Jones at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your interest.