- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Suzanne Alpizar
This client is looking for a senior technical artist to help with an exciting new project. The individual must be able to work with 3d assets in 3dsMax and Maya including but is not limited to: resolving general 3d asset issues, relinking missing materials, optimizing polycounts, converting materials between renderers, unifying scale, assembling 3D scenes, adhering asserts to internal naming convention, and labeling assets for multiple purposes. The contractors will work on a large asset library of interior rooms to train ML algorithms. Synthetic scenes have been proven already help ML algorithm development by increasing accuracy, addressing pathological cases, reducing cost, and accelerating development.
- Significant AAA video game, feature film, or VFX experience (5+ years of industry experience)
- General knowledge of Python scripting in Autodesk Maya and 3dsMax
- General knowledge of off-line rendering pipelines (VRay)
- Expert knowledge in creating automation both in and out of 3dsMax and Maya
- Proficient in automated and manual asset conversion (mesh, materials, animation)
- Proficient in physically based rendering, camera, lighting, and material calibration.
- Extremely detail oriented, naming conventions, asset requirements, check and double check.
- Self managed, self motivated, and able to rapidly learn new pipeline and procedures
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Forward thinking.
- Able to explore and invent new techniques when the need arises
- Technical 3d artist, 3d generalist, 3d set designer
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)