Are you a creative Product Owner who has a clear vision of what you wish to build and convey to an internal team? Do you enjoy being a part of an integral team, who is committed and dedicated to the project and maintaining continuous engagement with your team? If this sounds like you, keep reading! Aquent is currently sourcing for a Product Owner/Senior Product Manager for one of our prestigious and growing Fortune 500 clients local to the Naperville, IL market area. Our client is seeking a strong and innovative Product Owner/Senior Product Manager to work within our client's "visionary team" in order to deliver best solutions to our innovative and industry-leading products. This a leadership role and will champion the vision, prioritization, and delivery of new eCommerce capabilities. This is a senior role reporting into the Director of Digital Experience and frequently interacts across a wide range of levels within the organization from SVP to staff level. **This role requires some travel downtown Chicago**
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to understand go-to-market strategy, objectives and KPIs for new capabilities
- Develop a product brief and roadmap to “tell the story” of the vision, key capabilities and benefits, iterative timeline for realization and clear linkage back to strategy and defined KPIs
- Own the end to end delivery of the new capabilities, leading and collaborating with a cross-functional agile team composed of user experience, creative, development and quality assurance team members
- The predominance of your time will be working on strategy in the initial planning stages, again working with key leaders to understand vision and fit with enterprise and channel strategy; 20% starting to break down the vision into a collection of major capabilities and features and articulating how these will drive the user experience and merchandising and financial objectives
- As funding is allocated and prioritization is set spend 70% of time working directly with the agile team on realizing the new capabilities; this includes writing epics and user stories and spending significant time walking through solution discussions with all partners but especially user experience and development to ensure the functional capabilities, user experience layout and interactions, and underlying technology design all align to deliver to the vision and KPIs to move our business forward; 30% working on setting the next round of strategy and capability breakdown
- Leading up to release drive demos and complete user acceptance testing, again spending significant time interacting directly with the agile team working through defects, triage exercises and final prep before launch.