Our top education tech client is looking to bring on a senior level user experience researcher for a 6 month project with potential to extend. This position comes with W2 pay and a generous benefits package.
- Contribute as a member of a team that solves user problems through User Centered Design process.
- Drives product UX Research effort, recommend appropriate methodologies depending on research objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and supervise remote unmoderated studies Consults with designers, product managers, developers, proto-typers and other team members to design, script, conduct and report user research that delivers appropriate and timely insights to the product design process.
- Work with project business representatives and team members to test concepts and requirements using heuristic/qualitative/quantitative methods.
- Interprets results, and data to identify UX issues and incorporates research from other groups; analytics, customer support and NPS scores to triangulate results.
- Communicates results and recommendations in a timely and easily consumable format.
- Continually strive to improve our research and design process to deliver better output.
- Collaborate with other teams to measure our effectiveness in both user experience improvements and learner outcomes.
- Mentors junior staff and interns.
- 5 plus years research experience
- Be able to determine the focus of the study with the PM, etc and present the data independently. - Self Starter and do the research independently - Masters Degree Nice To Have - Accessibility experience - Experience in Education (Pearson)
- Five (5) years direct experience with user experience research methodologies such as card sorting, usability testing, ethnographic research, customer interviews, journey mapping, task analysis, surveys and focus groups.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a usability test facilitator/moderator, with a demonstrated professional demeanor and an ability to put research participants at ease.
- Test method selection, experimental design, participant recruiting management, screener creation, moderating (contextual inquiry, usability testing, participatory design, card sorting, focus groups etc) surveys, online moderation, diary studies, ethnography, statistical/quantitative/qualitative analysis, persona development, site analytics, reporting and presentations (verbal and written).
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design methods and best practices.
- Extensive experience in / work well conducting iterative user testing in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Independent self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Expertise preparing and making formal presentations/reviews.
- Experience conducting mobile research (smart phones/tablets/native apps/online mobile sites).
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines a plus.
- MA/MS degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of directly related work experience in collecting user data for online interfaces in a consumer facing or enterprise organization.