- Downtown Chicago
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kate Gottfried
Our corporate healthcare client in Downtown Chicago is seeking a Sr. UX Specialist to join their Digital team. The UX Specialist will work with the team to craft compelling user experiences across a spectrum of internal and public tools. The perfect candidate is passionate about design thinking, human computer interaction, usability, accessibility, mobile-first and responsive design.
This is an exciting time to be a part of the visual design and UX team as there are major, enterprise level projects ahead that include the revamping of internal and external portals, sites and applications. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience within the UX field in both research and design. The culture is bred in corporate but the team is very agency casual and innovative. Excellent benefits and a solid reputation await you! If you are qualified for this opportunity please forward your resume and portfolio today!
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our client conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for their members. They are driven by the collective company purpose: To do everything in their power to stand with their members in sickness and in health®. The team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. They come to work every day to make a difference, and they deliver the highest quality and best solutions to their members.
- Bachelor degree Human Computer Interaction (HCI) (or other job related field) and 3 years of experience OR 5 years of experience in user experience/ interaction design; a Master's Degree in HCI is HIGHLY preferred
- Deep portfolio of engaging experiences
- Experience with user experience, HCI, or interaction design
- Experience delivering design within agile
- Knowledge of asset management tools (ie JIRA)
- Expert in Adobe Applications, Sketch, Kraft, Invision (or similar tools with the ability to adapt quickly to new programs)
- Active involvement in the Design community demonstrated by regular engagement in continuing education, committee work or meet-ups. (AIGA, Creative Mornings or similar)
- Champion empathy for the user in alignment with business drivers
- Deliver value to the business through well-crafted and timely work
- Work independently as well as collaborate on a cross-functional team
- Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
- Master best practices and share with your teammates
- Welcome design critique and consistently iterate based on feedback
- Learn-from-everyone mindset
- Mentor colleagues
Please have a portfolio that showcases your wireframe and prototyping capabilities and be prepared to walk through the steps you took from research data through the concepting and final execution stages of each project. Please also include case studies of any research that you have been a part of such as building personas or write ups of focus groups.