One of our valued clients in the oil and gas industry is seeking a Sr. Application Developer for a long term onsite opportunity in West Houston.
Benefits available through Aquent PLUS paid time off through Aquent!
The Sr. Application Developer (.NET, Java) will be part of a team of IT professionals supporting critical applications, reports, and data used by the Commercial business as well as many other groups across the corporation. This role owns delivery of all IT services for the Commercial business. The team supports Commercial application systems used by Traders, Schedulers, Confirmation, Contracts, Pricing, Risk, Compliance, Credit, F&PA, Accounting and all levels of Management to manage the business. This position will work in a team environment located on the trade floor responding to Commercial business needs.
Responsibilities may include:
Develop mid-level to highly complex custom applications in a windows/web application environment, following company standards and best practices
Working with Business Analysts and Functional Support team to understand business requirements to provide timely assessments and create technical designs
Owning the support and maintenance of assigned applications with a high-level of quality
Creating and updating documentation for ongoing support of web/windows applications
Using the company's change management processes to prevent disruptions and outages
Working with other IT organizations to ensure quality support and delivery to the end-user
Legally authorized to work in the United States
5+ years of application development experience
1+ years of experience working with relational databases (SQL/Oracle) with strong SQL and stored procedure development knowledge
Intermediate commercial knowledge
Mainline Programming Language – i.e. C#, Java, etc.
Web technologies/Tools such as ASP.Net, RESTful Services, Web API, JSON and/or XML exposure & Visual Studio
MS Office suite including collaboration w/ Excel VBA, SharePoint
Ability and willingness to provide day-to-day 24/7 application support on rotational basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology or related technical discipline
- Basic Commercial business acumen
- Experience in working with Energy, Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) applications like CXL, CXL-CreditRisk, RightAngle etc.
- Strong research, analytical & interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in source control practices and patterns (Git workflow, branching/merging, etc.)
- Ability to plan and carrying out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in fast paced environment supporting internal and external customers
- Basic knowledge of Reporting tools (SQL Reporting Services, Spotfire, Power BI)
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical