- Providence, Rhode Island
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Christena Peterson
Do you find it bothersome when you walk into one of your favorite stores and notice things have been moved around? Do you think of how you could have played a part in the placement of the products in the store to make the product "pop?" If this sounds like you, you probably are a Store Planner/Space Planner! Aquent is currently sourcing for an innovative Store Planner/Merchandiser for one of our successful, Fortune 500 clients local to the Providence, RI market area. The Store Planner/Space Planner is responsible for developing the fixture and merchandise layouts for all new store, remodel, acquisition and special projects. The fixture plans are developed based on merchandising guidelines that require adaptation to varying retail configurations across the fleet. The merchandise selection is driven by market specific characteristics and store location as it relates to product mix clustering and support of local sales opportunities.
- Develop fixture and merchandise layouts that accurately reflect required product mix based on store location and clientele. Includes identifying stores within a growing number of cluster definitions (i.e. ethnicity, affluence, geography, etc.) that ultimately drive automated product replenishment.
- Independently prioritize and manage scheduled assignments to insure on time project completion. Includes working simultaneously on various project types, with varying scopes of work, as part of a dynamic schedule. Requires the ability to manage and adapt to ongoing changes in marketing approach and project schedules.
- Analyze, prioritize and summarize data, and compare to company standards in such a way that identifies opportunities on a store specific basis. Includes the ability to act on market knowledge and apply creative merchandising solutions to improve store performance and to meet local needs.
- Interact with Regional Sales Manager to confirm store specific analysis (e.g., sales, competition, ethnicity of clientele, etc.) in an effort to maximize individual store profit; and to confirm product mix, category adjacency and service issues as they relate to customer needs. Includes the ability clearly to customer needs. Includes the ability clearly articulate current corporate direction to field operators on various merchandising initiatives and to make recommendations accordingly.
- Support corporate expense control by managing the impact of layout changes relative to established budget guidelines. Advocate alternative approaches as needed, and communicate incremental scope of work and added cost to field management and project partners.
- Work with the Construction team and outside vendor architects to develop innovative merchandising solutions for atypical store locations. Includes the ability to work with and interpret architectural plans and elevation drawings to craft merchandising plans that incorporate current merchandising philosophy within complex/multilevel space
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s innovations within their Retail Loyalty & Personalization program and Healthcare Services offerings is a standout characteristic. Their leadership, competitive edge and innovations within their businesses and markets is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
- Must have Retail Focus and AUTOCAD software experience
- 2+ years experience in a Store Planning or Space Planning role
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret various sources of data: Demographics (population, ethnicity, income averages, etc.), sales profile, planogram productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet timeline requirements for other supporting departments (i.e., CVS Realty Co., Store SetUp, Operations)
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and orally with various in-house personnel, field management and various outside vendor representatives.
- Ability to follow clear, concise directions with minimal supervision.
- Experience with MS Office software (e.g., Excel and Word)