Sr. Photo Specialist / Retoucher
This an on-site, part-time position at Kohler. Will be utilized for projects throughout the year, most likely 1-2 days / week. Flexible schedule.
As a creative driver, play a key participant role in the creative development process to allow the image processing team to produce unique visual assets used in advertising and promotional materials. Provides limited direction to other associates on work details, making creative judgments and being held accountable for own work and that of directed team members. Performs expert level photoshop skills including: high-end photo retouching; color matching/accuracy; color adjustments; educating and troubleshooting Photoshop solutions and new Photoshop actions. Identify and develop area of photo retouching expertise.
• Ability to drive creative
• Professional demeanor with adept communication skills
• Exhibits emotional intelligence, with emerging leadership skills
• Adept organizational skills
• Capable of project management
• Flexible and adaptable to accommodate multiple projects and deadlines
• Recognized expertise in photo retouching
• Makes creative judgements and is held accountable for own work and that of directed team members
• Key participant role in the creative development process to allow the image processing team to produce unique visual assets used in advertising and promotional materials Provides expert level Photoshop skills including: high-end photo manipulation; color accuracy; color adjustments; troubleshooting Photoshop solutions, along with basic skills: creating paths and masks; image sizing and cropping.
• Retouches photos at an expert level.
• Responsible for color matching/accuracy and color draping processes – critical eye for color and details, knowledge of print and web and extensive knowledge of RGB, CMYK and LAB workspaces necessary.
• Determines, educates and troubleshoots Photoshop solutions and new Photoshop actions.
• Responsible for creating processes.
• Develop mentoring role.
• Travel as necessary.
• Completes multiple projects and special tasks as assigned, on-time and with-in budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. B.A. in related field preferred.
2. Experience working in a creative agency environment.
3. Eight plus years high-level photo retouching experience required.
4. Advanced knowledge of traditional photography and rendering recommended.
5. Expert level in Photoshop and photo retouching essential and knowledge of other Adobe software recommended.