Aquent's large retail client is looking for a Production Designer to work in the packaging department. This is a contract role, which will be in-office at 35-40 hours a week, in office in Menomonee Falls (sorry no offsite).
The contract will go until spring, and could extend longer if things are going well.
This role will be working on a variety of packaging design and specs (other printed work as needed) for large national brands. Includes work on dielines and designs to go on packaging. Primarily Production work but having a nice portfolio/design aesthetic needed/helpful! Some details include:
- being proficient in resizing a variety of printed materials, packaging, understanding dielines
- receive proofing instructions and follow them carefully, and check your own work.
- ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Understand and handle files in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop that may have multiple layers.
- Knowledge of style sheets, paragraph guides, fonts, layers and resolution, SKU's, etc.
- Ability to work within corporate setting and communication
*If you have worked in a past production or packaging role that is great!
*Junior designers w/great internships and a good portfolio welcome to apply.
*please note: if you are offered the job and accept, there is a drug and background screen