Large Media and Entertainment company in Century City is seeking a Manager of Ad Sales Marketing to join their team. This is a 6-month temporary position with the possibility of extending.
The Manager, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing is responsible for the initiation, development, execution and overall management of Ad Sales marketing activities for the brand's Networks. This position requires the ability to represent the network when dealing with clients.
- Demonstrate creative, open-minded thinking and approach to developing 360 marketing opportunities for advertisers across the brand's networks.
- Work directly with clients to develop and execute marketing promotions across the brand's networks. This includes travel/attending shoots for in-show integrations and custom content (20% travel to NYC office and various shoot locations within US).
- Work with network teams to identify and execute value-earned ad sales deals.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal network divisions as well as external groups (promotional agencies, etc.) to drive incremental revenue via the successful sell-in of multi-platform partnerships.
- Oversee aspects of internal databases for assigned network sponsorships.
- Work with Coordinators to manage budget for costs related to marketing elements associated with advertiser partnerships.
- Sustain in-depth knowledge of consumer and media/marketing industry trends in order to help create unique partnership offerings that differentiate Discovery from competitive Networks
- 5+ years of relevant integrated marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, event marketing, client-side marketing).
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience is required.
- Understanding of digital/social platforms.
- Proven ability to develop creative and unique opportunities to meet advertiser objectives.
- A clear understanding of the importance of client service.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral (strong presentation skills are a must).
- Be able to work independently, detail oriented, attentive to deadlines, have outstanding customer service skills, possess initiative and have proven project management skills (organizational, managing timelines, selling ideas/proposals).
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Will be required to work on-site most of the time
- This position is responsible for the strategic planning, development and execution of all ad sales marketing efforts for the brand's networks. It is his/her responsibility to provide the Brand VPs and sales team with high quality, eye-catching materials that help them sell the networks and differentiate networks from the competition.
- Depending on what kind of decision s/he is making s/he may have to run it by Integrated Marketing VP, Director, Sr. Mgr, Brand VPs. Approvals may also be required from network GMs, Marketing, Programming and Communications executives.
- This position regularly interacts with all levels of Sales management from VPs to the President, but also has the opportunity to work on projects involving corporate management (e.g. GMs, SVPs) and talent.
- Travel is required for a portion of the job
Key Challenges/ Major Business Issues
- Obtaining competitive information
- Innovating/developing marketing communication pieces, during low ratings periods
- Maintaining regular, open communications with network Marketing
Risks and Opportunities
- This position is responsible for high-profile projects, so successes are well recognized among Sr. Management, as is the individual.
- Marketplace recognition for materials produced.
- Cost savings for one assigned network might be able to be applied to others within Manager’s area of responsibility.