AQUENT is seeking a UI/UX Designer for one of our most innovative and COOLEST clients in Portland, OR.
To support the dynamic and growing business that they are expanding the central mobile team in Portland, OR. They are looking for a new UX Designer to join their UX team. This position, based in Portland OR, will report into the Head of UX & Design and work closely with colleagues in Portland as well as stakeholders throughout their global markets. This is a uniquely interesting and challenging role and they are looking for a talented designer with a great portfolio of native mobile UI design work. This role will focus on improving the UI of their products and work with a Sr. UX Design lead on global initiatives that touch millions of users.
This team is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Their team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. This client combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Their culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check.
As a UX Designer for the global mobile design team, you will be a part of a growing, global design culture. You will partner with cross-functional teams to create delightfully intuitive mobile experiences. You have strong interaction design skills underpinned by a firm grasp of mobile design best practices for both iOS and Android. You have an eye for detail and appreciate the importance of detail in delivering quality design specs and assets.
You draw from a diverse set of techniques and tools. You work closely with developers to ensure your designs are technically well considered and feasible. A close collaboration with a Sr. UX Designer and their product managers helps you prioritize the work that will have the biggest positive impact for their users and their business.
A successful Mobile UX Designer at this client demonstrates:
• A passion for your craft – You have your finger on the pulse of mobile design and UX trends. You are inspired by best-in-class user experiences, and excited by challenging problems.
• Valued contributor – You are comfortable with ambiguity, understand the conversation between business and user requirements, and enjoy working closely with developers.
• Excellence in communication – You have strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills. You confidently speak about your design solutions from a user-centered perspective.
• Strong team player - Standout interpersonal skills. You build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive attitude. You are willing to share your point of view without dismissing others.
• Attention to detail – you sweat the small stuff and strive to make things easy both for their users and their team members.
A successful UX Designer at this client masters the following:
• Hands on design skills – your work demonstrates knowledge of user centered-design methodology. You are comfortable creating thoroughly considered mockups, prototypes, assets, and specs within tight timelines. You have strong interaction design and visual design skills.
• Scale and systems - you think globally, striving to use and maintain scalable systems.
• Insight-driven - you have a balanced approach, using both quantitative data and qualitative user research to inform your design decisions.
• At least 2 years of experience designing outstanding experiences for a consumer-oriented company.
• A BS/BA in User-centered design, HCI, Cognitive Science, or related field preferred.
• A strong portfolio with examples of product design focused on great UI.
* In order to be considered, applicant must include link to an up to date, online portfolio – preferably with links to live apps.