A Fortune 100 Athletic Apparel and Footwear Company located in Beaverton, OR is looking for a Communications Manager to join their Global Sourcing & Manufacturing (GSM) Center of Excellence (COE) team.
This is a 4 month temporary role and is a great way to get your foot in the door at this AMAZING company !!
As a Communications Manager in the Global Sourcing & Manufacturing (GSM) Center of Excellence (COE), this role will support communications for programs within the COE as well as providing communications support for the COE team.
We are looking for a communications expert who can quickly integrate into the team and support innovative, compelling, succinct and consistent messages across a handful of projects, and a number of channels, to inform and educate a broad company and factory partner audience.
In this role, you will:
• Create and execute targeted, measurable communications stories and messaging, aligned to the communications and project strategy, to inform, educate and drive change and adoption
• Deliver high-impact, relevant, and measurable communications, using a variety of channels, on tight timelines
• Create, edit and polish communications materials – specifically PowerPoint presentations – for a broad audience across the company and factory partners, including executives, project stakeholders and downstream
• Understand language needs to communicate messages in the best way for specific audiences (executives, end-users, ESL, etc.)
• Simplify complexity and develop compelling messaging
• Integrate brand guidelines into all deliverables and help others on the project team do the same
• Build credible relationships with team members and business stakeholders
• Manage communication schedule against stakeholder and project calendars
• Autonomously manage workload and responsibilities, as part of a small Portfolio & Transition Management team
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline
• 4+ years corporate communications experience
• Strong writer and editor, with ability to give clear and constructive feedback
• Ability to communicate complex concepts simply and clearly
• Must be proactive within team, self-directed, willingly offer solutions and share ideas and graciously accept constructive feedback
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
• Ability to organize assignments and work independently
• Understanding of training, change management, manufacturing financial processes, or technology implementation a plus
• Experience working within a matrix organization a plus
• Understanding of graphic design principles, including web/HTML a plus
• Ability to use standard Adobe tools/programs to create presentations, print and web-based collateral; PowerPoint expertise is a must
• Attention to detail is critical
• Must be able to take action in solving issues while exhibiting mature judgment
• Strong team player
• No travel is required for this position.
• PowerPoint experience a must (expert-level)
• Microsoft Word & Excel
• SharePoint / Box
• WordPress; knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
• Campaign Monitor a plus
• Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus
• Adobe Creative Suite a plus