- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking a Graphic Production Artist on a 3-month contract basis. This is a production role. You need to have experience with charts and graphs. This role is part of the multi-channel content production team.
It is a production role that consists of:
- 50% GPA Desktopping in InDesign from Excel + updating charts in Excel and/or Illustrator. Skills needed: InDesign, Charting in Excel, Excel, Illustrator, ability to round numbers. Intermediate InDesign; advanced Excel
- 30% Content updating. Pulling data from various sources and entering the information into InDesign files. Skills needed: Excel, flexible with deadline driven dates, eye for detail, excellent communicator. Training will be provided.
- 20% Production work that may include printing, shipping, filing, scanning, archiving electronic files, creating PDFs, compiling PDFs, proofing books that are compiled in PDFs. Skill needed: open attitude to pitch in wherever they are needed.
- Financial industry experience is desired, but not required.
- Ability to shift gears as priorities change and to maintain a positive attitude during intense moments are must-have skills.
- Candidates with advanced PP and Excel skills. The role is not using InDesign as much as PPT.
- Candidates with samples and experience with charts and graphs. Very data driven production design role.
Job Description: Graphic Production Artist
- Updates formatting, layout, design and content for print, PDF and presentation materials based on established templates
- May create layout and design for new materials following specified guidelines
- Updates and creates charts, graphs, templates, and exhibits to be used in communications materials, websites, and/or presentations
- May prepare and package files to send to outside printers and vendors
- May prepare presentation and notes files for use in meetings and webcasts
- May perform graphic searches on stock photo websites, stock photo CDs, and internal sources to be used in projects
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the following software: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (advanced), Microsoft Excel (intermediate; primarily charting), InDesign (CS 5.5) (advanced), Illustrator (intermediate; charting, infographics, and icons), PhotoShop (intermediate; photo retouching/manipulation).
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new applications, as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible within deadline driven due dates
- Demonstrates the ability to work within established brand guidelines
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of graphic design concepts and ability to apply it to work assignments
- Requires at least 3-5 years of experience working in a creative, corporate environment
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they've worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!
- Updated Resume
- Samples of charts, tables, graphs, annual reports, and/or presentations.