Our client, a worldwide management consulting firm, is looking for a stellar Product Design Lead to join their NYC team.
In this role, you'll utilize design thinking and digital technologies to create new ways of working that will define the future of how this firm delivers professional services. You'll work as part of the Design & Innovation team and be responsible for using user-centered methods to inform the development and delivery of technology-enabled products and services used across the firm. This work ensures that we create experiences that make the work of our colleagues faster, easier and more effective; and gain new ways of working that will move the firm forward. The ideal candidate has experience working at or with financial companies.
Start Date: as soon as the right fit is found
Duration: 6+month assignment to start, potential to extend
Location: New York City
In this role, you'll:
- leverage an iterative, user-centered approach and solid UI design skills to conceive and deliver valuable new experiences for our clients and colleagues across mobile and web platforms.
- contribute to all aspects of the product development life cycle—from research and ideation through to detailed design and delivery—with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, frequent validation with end users, and creatively approaching constraints.
- collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other disciplines to identify what will be most critical to the success of a product, what it should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touch points, and to define how we bring that experience into reality. In this work, you will actively look for opportunities to apply new tools and technologies that can help enrich the capabilities the firm provides to our colleagues to do their work.
- be an advocate and coach for design thinking, helping others in the firm develop their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the use empathetic, inventive and iterative methods for product development.
- 6+ years of experience planning, conducting, and communicating the findings from user research for digital products and services
- Experience planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Ability to design and conduct user testing and concept validation - i.e. identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Strong interaction and visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of tools, e.g. Adobe creative suite, OmniGraffle, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Strong collaboration – you partner well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources; experience working with others on a global basis
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholder groups and influence others
- Passionate about creating value through great design and user experience
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems and define tasks needed to bring clarity
- BS or MS in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, HCI, Anthropology, Psychology, or equivalent experience