The Aquent Studios Mid-level Designer develops concepts and executes visual designs for major campaigns according to client provided creative briefs. The designer is responsible for applying the client’s established branding guidelines and ensuring completed work meets client quality expectations. The designer is also responsible for ensuring work is completed within stated timeframes and the agreed upon project budget. Project deliverables are primarily print media such as brochures, ads, posters, logos and tradeshow displays. The designer must have an acute attention to detail, file organization and project archiving skills.
The designer will also be responsible for on site photography including headshots, passport photos,
products and office events. Basic level of photography experience is required, while an advanced understanding of photography is preferred.
Utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud, the Mid-level Designer’s responsibilities will include preparing graphic files for various platforms while maintaining the integrity of the content art, design, and brand. This position will be a part of a larger design team working across multiple locations with multiple clients.
- Develop a keen understanding of clients’ visual brands, style guides, target audiences, and communication objectives
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding project scopes, objectives, requirements, and budget parameters
- Design, layout, and format graphic files to print specifications, and customer requirements
- Accountability for on site photography requirements, ensuring clients comfort and expectations
of final deliverables
- Present creative concepts to account management and clients as required, articulating how the design strategy will achieve specified objectives
- Help identify and define best practice while managing multiple projects and timelines concurrently, taking ownership of all deliverables
- Exhibit a high level of accuracy when reviewing externally supplied files, setting up client files, and/or pre-flight of newly produced files
- Proactively inform management about project changes, issues, or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality
- Resolve project issues effectively and collaboratively with project team
- Responsible for accurately tracking and reporting time against projects, updating project tracking information, and assisting as requested, with estimating resources and project costs
- Availability to work a flexible schedule depending on client deadlines and volume of projects
- Proficiency in file storage and archiving
- Can translate creative brief into impactful designs that advance clients’ strategies and achieve marketing goals while maintaining brand standards, budgets, and timelines
- Exhibit an excellent customer service attitude at all times, and effectively represent
- Ability to initiate and articulate concepts across various forms of media and collateral
- Ability to create custom graphics/illustrations based on defined parameters
- Can organize disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
- Excellent command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate ratio of clear space, content, and graphics to achieve a consistent brand look and feel
- Understands components, cycle times, and distribution requirements for integrated marketing communications campaigns
- Ability to respond and perform swiftly and seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating print-ready files to required specifications
- Communicates easily and effectively with all levels of the organization; strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently under continual deadline constraints with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple quick-turn projects and changing priorities
- Ability to effectively evaluate photography for both visual style and content based on client direction/feedback from existing libraries and approved stock houses
- Able to learn new software packages as needed
- High level of flexibility, and the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment are key
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable work experience
- 3-7+ years of experience in advertising, design, and/or marketing communications with at least 3 years designing impactful corporate ads and B2B marketing campaign materials within corporate identity guidelines
- Proven proficiency and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite programs InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Knowledge of animation and/or motion graphics a plus.
This is a full-time role that requires on site attendance in Mayfield Heights, OH.