- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- February 2019
- posted by:
- Susan Reese
Aquent's client is seeking a Senior Product Designer for a direct hire opportunity in San Francisco. You will take on tough interaction and service design challenges, and work on big new ideas that will transform how people eat. You’ll collaborate with design-oriented engineers, product managers and some of the world’s best designers and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. You’ll make magic by crafting and shipping delicious and delightful experiences for people around the world.
Portfolio must include a full narrative behind each project. Your portfolio must display all of the steps including, persona development, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity prototypes, user research and the final product.
What you’ll do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers across 6 continents. There will be ample opportunities for domestic and international travel for research and inspiration
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole experience
What you’ll need
- Experience as a product designer: at least 2 years but potentially much more—we are hiring at all levels including senior- and staff-level design leaders
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)
Benefits & Perks
- Premium level medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Yearly wellness stipend to be used on gym memberships, massages, Fitbit products and anything else wellness related.
- Yearly creative stipend for attending conferences, lectures and additional education.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served.
- Free company phone or monthly reimbursement.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 5 months fully paid parental leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- Base salary
- Annual bonus
- Pre-Equity Grant
Client is offering relocation within the US
Our client's technology moves people and has transformed their industry. Put your creativity and ambition to work by joining their team of collaborative, passionate individuals!