- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- March 2019
- posted by:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is supporting the search for a premiere skin care line as they find a Social Media & Ecommerce Art Director/Designer. This role is based in NYC on a FT Freelance basis (40 hrs/week, Onsite, Long-term, Ongoing). This team is very entrepreneurial in spirit – ‘roll up your sleeves” attitude with a strong drive to win and deliver solutions even in challenging circumstances.
This role is 50% Social Media and 50% Ecommerce, so we are seeking Art Directors that can concept, design, and execute towards both!
- The primary focus of this position is to work with Creative Director on social media creative as well as e-commerce (50% Social, 50% Digital/Ecommerce) – from brand image to execution creative across the brand’s social platforms.
- This person must be very savvy in Social, required to know what works, and what doesn't. Understanding the need to be responsive, to rapidly create social content that's on brand, and relevant
- We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced creative environment, the ideal candidate should be fluent in social media, photography and digital advertising platforms.
- This talent need to be a keen follower of technology, worldwide events, and pop culture, understand how to create engaging, meaningful content for the brand’s audience.
- Create concepts, pre-production and post production and execute all social media creative needs, including videography & photography, graphic design for all digital & social channels.
- Able to bring innovative ideas from conceptualization to social media platforms for all digital and social campaigns.
- Respond to briefs with creative visual solutions.
- Sets up on the fly photo shoots and execute content with quick turnarounds for social platforms
- Oversees/attends digital photoshoots and oversee retouching
- Oversees the production process for all social media creative assets
- Self-starter, must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess an open attitude and collaborative style. Need to collaborate with cross functional teams and with our key global partners
- Monitor competitive social landscape, market changes and developments; remain current on emerging industry and digital trends; provide highly strategic recommendations.
- Strong conceptual abilities, exceptional art direction skills and a solid knowledge of the digital & social media landscape
- 8+ years in a highly productive creative environment, with 4-6 years of design experience centered on digital/social media
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of designers
- Strong portfolio of real-world work that showcases expertise in social media content creation
- Experience working to tight deadlines
A major beauty brand, but you will be employed by AQUENT. Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
1. You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk). Learn more about our awesome benefits here: https://aquent.com/our-dna/healthcare
2. Access to Fidelity 401(k)
3. Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
4. Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
5. Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
6. Free online courses via Lynda.com
7. Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations. We're also there to help you find new opportunities when you're finishing up your current role.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.