Manager, Digital Asset Management/Retouching Manager
The Digital Asset Management/Retouching Manager will collaborate with multiple departments and regions to create the Digital Asset Management strategy and vision for global beauty brand as well as handle the day-to-day internal retouching for all brand photography; including campaign for print, digital and social. This role will support Creative Operations in leading overall strategy, implementation and workflow for the client Digital Asset Management (DAM) tool. They will also have an in-depth understanding of workflow management and lead the development and deployment of a workflow system and best practices associated with managing creative digital assets.
• Retouching of all imagery assets for digital and print
• Collaborate cross-functionally to incorporate notes, retouching markups from Art Directors as well as partners within the company.
• Create and maintain retouching templates and style guides
• Oversee data administrators in the day to day operations of metadata and rights management application, and proper distribution of global assets.
• Organize, maintain and retrieve assets from imagery server
• Develop and implement strategy associated with the cataloging, annotating (metadata schema & taxonomies), storage, retrieval and distribution of brand's creative digital assets which include photography, InDesign mechanicals, videos, packaging and online assets.
• Must be able to multi-task and manage tight deadlines and a high volume of assets
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong work relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
• Partner with the Corporate GIS team to establish and maintain standardized framework and upgrades to DAM System as needed.
• Partner with Global and Regional Marketing to ensure the right assets are made available and tagged for appropriate channel / media usage.
• Foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
• Track and analyze key performance indicators to determine workflow and systems effectiveness.
• Manage data administrators in proper maintenance of creative assets and legal deco library in order to assure a current and up to date centralized global repository.
• Assure proper translation of contractual information into rights management module in DAM to allow end users a clear understanding of available usage(s).
• Educate and facilitate proper usage of DAM system across all departments and regions.
• Serve as the brand power user for the best practices, process adoption and in-house expert for the DAM solution.
• Participate in a cross-branded ‘community of DAM experts’ to validate all functional enhancements to the DAM solution to bring differentiation to client vs. competition.
• BA or BS degree; Library and Information Sciences degree preferred OR photography/retouching.
• 2+ years experience retouching for fashion/beauty brands; experience with hair ideal
• Must be comfortable retouching skin for large format signage in a fast-paced environment
• Expert in Photoshop, Capture One, color management systems and standards, file management systems and standard practices
• Background in Photography, Retouching and Graphic Arts with an emphasis on the fashion and beauty industry
Digital Asset Management
• 5+ years of experience in digital asset management, information architecture, and/or taxonomy development for a large client or company.
• Cataloging experience and understanding of taxonomy, metadata standards, and DAM best practices
• Experience supporting multi-channel digital marketing programs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to affectively collaborate with all professional levels
• Excellent ability to multitask with tremendous attention to detail, work self-sufficiently; self-motivated and well organized.
• Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of creative production (including but not limited to photo and video production).
• Advanced knowledge of file formats (digital, print, video) and distribution requirements of different channels (web, social, direct mail, email, mobile, etc.
• Collaborate across internal departments and regions in the development and modification of digital workflows to gain further efficiencies.
• Advanced drive in understanding of Brand operations and implement revisions or upgrades to system.
• Stays informed on latest digital asset management and workflow technological trends and innovations.