Our Fortune 500 lifestyle brand and action sports client is searching for an experienced Art Director (design) to join their team for a long term assignment.
It is your responsibility to help formulate concepts, execute and design against them for ad campaigns in print, film, outdoor and social. To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and market(s) is expected. You will bring expertise in graphic design skill sets such as creating visual concepts and storytelling, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and engage with our consumers. You will be instrumental in developing aesthetics for categories and branding for events globally. On a regular basis, you will work with your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product, translating the approved concepts to retail and packaging.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Creates a seasonal product story and develop an ongoing, multi-season campaign.
- Works with Integrated team to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
- Assists with photo shoots, both location and table top, including prep, styling, and editing.
2. Partners with marketing counterpart, reviewing and developing creative brief to assure alignment.
- Presents design concepts to senior leadership in Creative and Marketing determining the scope of projects and delivering the desired storytelling.
- Oversees studio to iterate approved concepts.
3. Remains current on industry trends and technology.
Skills for Success:
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 4+ years
- A minimum of an associate (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 4+ years of design experience in an agency setting or design department is required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 4+ years of related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages.
- Utilize a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects
- Excellent comping skills
- Deep knowledge of graphic design
- Deep knowledge of typography
- Fluency in current advertising, design, and fashion trends expected