Aquent's Fortune 50 client is looking for a Data Analyst to work a 6-month contract, with strong potential to extend, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Deerfield, IL.
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing data to provide management with accurate vendor payment analysis which will be utilized in decision making and compliance monitoring.
- Extract, cleanse, and analyze supplier payment data from various sources such as MSS Data Warehouse, Oracle/SAP, Lawson, eProcurement tools, and other home-grown systems.
- Ensure payment data is correctly tying back to the correct accounts.
- Make informed recommendations and assumptions based on the data received.
- Identify supplier payments that occurred outside of the normal process.
- Work with business units where supplier data errors are present, and invite those units to participate in basic training on how to use the eProcurement tools more effectively preventing issues from occurring again in the future.
- When possible seek automation opportunities within reporting tools to lessen the manual interaction.
- Assist in establishing a “No Purchase Order, No Payment” policy culture. Assist in business units use of ePro auto payment system.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a Procurement Analysis, or Financial Analysis capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a proven career history of successfully analyzing data.
- Experience with extracting & manipulating data from third part systems.
- Must have experience with SQL
- Specific experience with reporting & data extraction from Lawson, ePro or other eProcurement systems highly desired.
- Strong data analysis and data manipulation experience using Excel. Experience using VLookups, Pivot Tables, Conditional Statements, and other complex formulas preferred.
- Ability to review data and make assumptions based on guidance.