Seeking a Medical Communications Operations Associate to join my client's Global Scientific Communications team. We are looking for an associate to facilitate mission-critical coordination of publications and medical communications operations. Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of experience, have a history of successful execution of projects in a deadline-driven environment, will anticipate the needs of their stakeholders, and can work in a highly matrixed environment.
• Overall management of Global Scientific Communications software systems, including Datavision, Outlook Distribution Lists, Veeva (InSCite) uploads, and Synapse page
• Ensures the high quality of metadata and documents in Veeva and other platforms
• Drive integration of Sci Comm tactics within Scientific Partnerships and Worldwide Medical Teams
• QR code management, creation, and upload
• Third-party poster/platform permission
• Coordinate across therapeutic areas to ensure the timely execution and delivery of Sci Comm deliverables (posters, slide presentations) to appropriate internal and external stakeholders
• Work with Global congress team to coordinate SciComm deliverables at congresses
• Oversee cross-functional delivery of Sci Comm deliverables to internal customers, inside and outside of Scientific Partnerships (medical training, commercial colleagues, affiliate medical teams)
• Run audits, maintain ongoing metrics
• Compiles information/creates reports on journal/congress selection/requirements
• Vendor management, auditing, and budgeting
Examples of additional key activities the manager will support include leading, managing, and/or developing:
• Vendor management and communication
• Operating budgets
• Publications progress reports
• Coordination of pre-congress materials centralization, distribution, and printing
• Research on scientific journals and medical meetings, including impact factors, acceptance rates, attendance, and guidelines for submission
• 3+ years of related experience at pharmaceutical or biotechnology company or medical communications agency.
• Successful track record of successful execution of complex, deadline-driven projects
• Takes direction and works with a sense of urgency in a timeline-driven environment.
• Understanding of ability to work well in with cross-functional groups and in a matrix organization.
• Management of consultants and vendors
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree required.