- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Courtney Schaefer
For 6+ months at a Fortune 500 multi-national company in Mountain View, a UX Writer is needed for an app monetization platform that supports both Android & iOS apps.
As a UX writer for This Client, you will have the opportunity to:
- Help app developers worldwide make their apps a thriving business
- Be part of a fast-moving industry that is defining the mobile app advertising space
- Work with a small but growing and passionate team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers who are building the world's leading advertising platform for mobile app developers.
We have a need for a skilled UX writer to help improve how we communicate our product offering and work with us on future launches to make the experience more seamless and easy for app developers.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Write UI copy for experiences In partnership with research, design, and product management
- Develop tests to inform content choices
- Work with the lead UX content strategist and partner teams to evolve content strategy, editorial style guide, and terminology/word list for consistent language
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field, including Human Computer Interaction or Psychology
- 5+ years of product UX writing experience
- Ability to diplomatically juggle competing priorities and potentially ambiguous direction
- Portfolio of demonstrated product UX writing work and content strategy projects
- Expert writing and editing skills
- Ability to justify content decisions with established best practices, understanding of engineering capabilities, and research-driven insights
- Strong verbal and written communications, including developing presentations and other deliverables
- Proven ability to drive design thinking through working closely with UX and product teams
Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications or Not Required:
- Publisher or advertiser product/B2B experience
- Familiarity with an ads ecosystem: publishers, consumers, and advertisers
- Familiarity and experience working in the mobile apps space
- Experience contributing to style standards
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: