We are looking for a full-stack backend engineer who is content writing backends for web/mobile application and also building full dependency components to run it all. We’re a small team and you’ll be doing a bit of everything. As a Full-Stack Engineer you will participate in all aspects of the in Data Engineering software development lifecycle, which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment, you will take direction from solution architects and Leads on development activities. We manage our engineering process through a combination of GitHub, Kanban Boards, JIRA, Confluence, Slack and CI/CD.
• A minimum of 7 years experience in a hands-on, full-stack or similar engineering role
• A strong portfolio of work that you can demonstrate and talk about in detail (this can be from your day job, side-projects or open source)
• Excellent at one or more server-side technologies (preferred Java, or Scala, or Node.js, or Go)
• Experienced with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, highly scalable applications, and application security
• Hands-on API design and implementation with RESTful or GraphQL
• Experience with various database technologies including both RDMS and NoSQL.
• Design with a highly available, cloud first mentality which leverages reusable components and microservice architectures
• Experience in CI/CD practices including unit testing, automation testing, data migration, code quality, performance and integration/systems testing
• Know your way around GCP/AWS, primarily use Google Cloud to develop services
• Enjoy collaborating in small, fast-moving engineering teams
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is a strong
• Taking initiatives to build out cloud-based APIs and apps to enable high accessible data, operation smartness and surface data intelligence in data platform.
• Distilling complex machine learning and data science models and turning them into elegant interface that doesn’t require the user to have a PhD to understand.
• Contributing to platform architectures and engaging with business communities
• Using GCP service to communicate with our users: when they need the data and on their preferred device
What we value:
• Commitment, restraint, expansive thinking, honesty and a good sense of humor
• Get tasks done professionally and building processes along the way
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Responsive to change requests and feature requests
• Ability to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
• Motivation: you need to love this.
• Learning: we’re hiring you for your ability to learn quickly not because we think you already know it all.