Title: UX Research Assistant
Location: Mountain View, CA
We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: 'Focus on the user and all else will follow. We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes, and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Assisting with user testing preparation activities.
2. Conducting user studies, collecting data, and taking notes.
3. Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
* Analyzing and interpreting qualitative data and generating insights.
* Managing, manipulating, and analyzing large quantitative data sets.
* Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies.
* Master's in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
* 1-3 years of experience and comfort with statistical methods and experimental design is required.
* Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative user research & analysis methods.
Nice to Have's:
* Technical aptitude, strong working ability with large data sets and statistical software packages
* Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects