- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
- Work in an office alongside a team of worldwide UX researchers and participant recruiters, handling multiple studies of different formats and schedules at once.
- Recruit UX research participant candidates for internal and external studies; coordinate the logistics of user research.
- Maintain relationships with account managers in sales and other groups.
- Innovate on our use of data, reporting, and tools to improve strategies, outreach, and effectiveness in delivering quality participants.
- Adhere to and inform others of the policies and ethical codes related to conducting user research.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Identify, solicit, and schedule appropriate candidates for participation in user experience studies.
- Communicate with user experience researchers and participants regarding recruitment details and status.
- Maintain records for all recruitment and participant activity.
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science, or other field emphasizing human behavior.
- In lieu of degree, 2 years of relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with participant screening and recruiting, ideally in a research context.
- Demonstrated proficiency with office productivity tools including email, web browser, database query, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing applications; knowledge of Google Apps is preferred (but not required).
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize time between multiple projects, and to adapt to changing schedules and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with people who have varied goals within the same project.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many moving parts; multiple usage criteria, several calendars, global time zones, several stakeholders.
- Familiarity working with tools and people in the technology industry or a technology-oriented space.
- Basic understanding of the advertising space and products for publishers and advertisers.
- Previous experience with UX research.
- Experience in general research in a corporate or academic setting.
- Proficiency in languages in addition to English.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: