Large Education company in New York is seeking an Administrative Assistant for a 2-month temporary opportunity.
- Performs general filing duties including sorting and filing materials, correspondence, records, business forms or other materials according to an alpha, numeric, date, subject or color-coded system.
- Has the ability to use basic office equipment including photocopy machines, facsimile machines, binding machines, etc.
- Proofreads documents, completes forms, and performs basic mail distribution activities.
- Produces lists, labels, forms or other documents.
- Counts documents, materials, etc, and groups into batches; tabulates batch totals.
- Reviews content of documents to determine correct filing.
- Checks manual files for duplicate, missing or misfiled items.
- Prepares filed materials for storage.
- Destroys documents according to guidelines.
- Has basic to intermediate computer skills including: word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Requires knowledge of proper grammar. Work environment can be an office or non-office setting.