Our Fortune 500 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking an Interaction Designer for their User Experience team in their Manhattan, New York City location. This Interaction Designer opportunity is contract to hire, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
The appropriate Interaction Designer candidate loves making sense of complex things (whether information, data, controls or even conceptual in nature) with the intention of reframing it into something simple, elegant, and actionable. You’ll enjoy asking tough questions to help deconstruct the problem and mine for insights. And in general, you’ll love producing high quality, clever, designs that elegantly solve the problem and not surprisingly delight the users. Ideal candidates are part inventor, part craftsman but most of all, makers. We sit within a Product Management organization and so we are serious creating tools and services that improve peoples’ lives (at work) and achieve clear business goals. Our users have complex, fast-paced, informational overloaded jobs (within an already complex industry) and so their tools must provide benefits without adding to it. As a UX team, we have to ‘go deep’ into the problem-space drawing from the various techniques designers have for finding insights that others can’t. And, as with any successful product or service, our designs solve users’ problems but also guide a product’s evolution into a powerful and extensible framework.
The Interaction Designer role is an integral part of the team. Our Interaction Designers are co-owners of the design and identity of our next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel applications and lead the design effort for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends (e.g. data science, block chain, and new application frameworks).
Interaction Designer Responsibilities:
- Create and evolve the visual design language for the products we work on while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem of product and design standards
- Help establish a culture of design within the group and among our stakeholders
- Collaborate with our cross disciplinary teams to transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfill on the promise of the product
- Ensure your proposed designs are specified with the required level of detail (in the form of red-lines and assets) to guide the process of design and development
- Take an active role in the quality assurance throughout development and deployment
- Actively support efforts to codify preferred and industry-appropriate design standards
Interaction Designer Qualifications:
- A strong portfolio of work emphasizing his/her depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive and mobile products/sites, and where possible data visualization
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a professional capacity as an interaction designer on highly interactive and data rich applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Design with emphasis in one or more of the following: Digital Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design
- Candidates should be excited and motivated to create next-generation user interfaces applying expertise within the fields of Information Design, Interaction Design, User Research, and Data Visualization to develop compelling designs for our products and services
- Leverages his/her design skills, and awareness of the user and business goals, to imagine, illustrate, and help realize compelling functional interfaces
- A team player with a positive attitude. You enjoy collaborating with others to achieve design goals. Comfortable taking and giving feedback to provide the best design solutions.
- Can skillfully represent the visual design discipline, within a multi-disciplinary product team, when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors, and critics
- Enjoys new design challenges including those involving complex information, data visualizations, and interactivity
- Is curious and resourceful and with that, able to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company
- Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products
- A proven track record creating design languages for an interaction-complex applications, sites, mobile
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and InVision