- Minneapolis, MN
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Christena Peterson
Do you find yourself immersed in design aesthetics and enjoy working with like minded individuals? Are you the type of graphic designer who finds it appealing to work on the "latest and greatest" software? Does this sound like you? If so, we have a perfect opportunity for you! We are currently sourcing for a Graphic Designer/Art Director courtesy of one of our established and prominent Fortune 500 clients local to the Minneapolis, MN market area. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in both graphic and digital design, as well as experience working as an Art Director/Creative Director. This opportunity is a hybrid role and requires an individual who is not only efficient and organized, but extremely motivated and self-driven. You will be responsible for developing creative brand communication elements, print/digital designs and articulate creative concepts. This role is a part of the Marketing Communications team and is responsible for the creative development of visual Brand and Campaign assets for our client. This individual will be responsible for collaborating with the Marketing Communications and agency teams to concept and produce a large portion of the brands’ consumer-facing content, including but not limited to: brand guides (photography style, brand usage guidelines, asset tool kits), digital and social static content (digital banners, content for use in paid & owned social, photography, gifs, graphics), static print (in-store POS and print ads), and website. The ideal candidate will be proficient in creative concepting that connects back to communications strategy and in the digital production of those concepts.
- Partner closely with the MarCom teams to take an entrepreneurial approach to extending brands’ existing creative platform and messaging strategy across a wide range of non-broadcast mediums.
- Participate in collaborative concepting of visual assets that resonate with various consumer groups, alongside Marketing Communications peers.
- Self-govern and effectively time manage to create a wide variety of visual deliverables.
- Manage resourceful creative development and production across digital, social, and print touchpoints.
- Creation of brand guidelines for use by other collaborators, agencies and partners.
- Design brand communication elements, such as banner ads, on-line, in-store signage, ROPs, POS, in-store handouts, brochures, etc.
- Create assigned marketing elements from concept to completion and assume accountability for the implementation of all creative elements
- Prepare completed copy and art via print and graphic software design
- Responsible for continuously moving marketing communications forward in design, presentation and effectiveness
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and present to upper leadership to ensure approval
- Stay on top of measuring the messaging and execution against our clients current brand positioning and visual standards
- Assist in establishing creative standards and style guides, as well as formats to ensure adherence to the internal company standards
- Develop and implement assigned projects within the deadline given
- Interface with agencies, production vendors, illustrators, photographers
- Continue to seek ways to improve processes and quality of the current or upcoming output within the functional area
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Cloud (provided) most notably: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Premiere Pro
- Experience with photography and videography including familiarity with: full-frame DSLR camera and video editing
- Expert knowledge in file saving (web vs print optimization) and file sharing (FTPs are often necessary)
• 5+ years of experience as a Graphic Designer/Creative Director
• Bachelor's degree, flexible, Associates is okay, looking for Graphic Design, etc.
• Content creation for social platforms, including food styling, photography, and some videography.
• Collaborate in the concepting of visual assets that extend existing creative platforms/campaigns, in partnership with Marketing Communications peers, media agency partners, and creative agency partners.
• Creative development (photo & video shoot, photo & video editing, web design, print/graphic design) across many non-broadcast communications touchpoints, including digital, social, print, and in-store.
• Production of assets (adaptation to different specifications, sizing, naming, etc.)
• Strong ability to translate communication strategy into consumer-first creative execution; strong understanding of the principles of design
• Highly resourceful, self-motivated, and a creative problem solver
• Ability to collaborate with others towards a common goal, creatives and non-creatives alike
• Strong time and project management skills to effectively balance multiple projects and deliverables on quick turn-arounds
• External focus in the field of modern digital and social brand communications