Our pharmaceutical client is hiring for a Production Graphic Designer. As a Production Graphic Designer on a long-term contract, you’ll join a culturally diverse group of 90+ strategic and creative explorers at an in-house advertising agency for a biopharmaceutical company with 29,000+ employees. You’ll be part of a close-knit team—senior designers, web developers, motion artists, writers, editors, and account managers—that partners with cross-functional stakeholders to support 30+ leading brands. Together, you’ll develop multichannel materials for affiliates in 80+ countries. You’ll love working in the modern, eco-friendly building with bright, open interior spaces. Time for a break? Grab a coffee or snack in the on-site Starbucks, enjoy a full meal in the tricked-out cafeteria (sushi Mondays and make-your-own-omelet Thursdays!), work up a sweat in the spacious gym, or take a stroll along the nature path on campus.
And you’ll find it all in Mettawa, with a free shuttle to and from Metra + convenient access to I94.
• Prepare artwork for production: scale images, adjust resolution, create packaging schematics and die lines
• Retouch images in Photoshop and apply special effects to a wide range of photography
• Add interactive functionality to PDFs
• Edit existing creative materials: make type and art edits, including complex data-based charts and tables
• Assist in providing project and printing specifications
• Identify issues regarding high-risk designs that could potentially delay final deliverables
• Perform artwork searches on stock photo websites and internal databases
• Work with creative managers and writers to prepare presentations for creative meetings
• Prioritize multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Communicate with creative and account teams to ensure projects stay on track
• Work overtime when needed to complete time-sensitive projects
• Education + experience: Bachelor’s degree in design or related discipline; 5+ years of experience working in a creative agency environment; strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and related expertise
• Technical skills: Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Die lines, Design (will be in the end process working with print vendors, sizing, etc).
• Soft skills: High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course
• Portfolio: Must provide samples of work to be considered, including before-and-after retouched photos
• Creative exercise: Must complete a creative exercise on-site to be considered
Nice to Have, but not required
• Working knowledge of Premiere Pro, After Effects, PowerPoint, and Keynote
• Experience creating 3D models/renderings for conceptual presentations