- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
Aquent's Client is a fast-paced, project-focused innovation group. Projects are developed and executed at the intersection of ambitious science and an urgent user need or application.
- Translate conceptual user interaction models into visual interfaces that are intuitive, beautiful, accessible, and emotionally engaging.
- Use user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals.
- Work with a highly cross-functional team to establish a new visual language, outside the familiar patterns of app and web design.
- Collaborate with our User Research team to iteratively evaluate, and evolve visual directions and explorations.
- Document and communicate the visual systems to stakeholders.
- Execute against several workstreams in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of professional experience in interaction and visual design.
- A portfolio that proves excellent interaction and visual design skills, across a variety of platforms and domains.
- Experience in designing and implementing end to end design solutions for products.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills : mastery of layout, typography, and color
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with a cross functional team.
Nice to have skills/Not Required:
- Ability to illustrate concepts using a variety of techniques and formats: interactive prototypes, storyboards, videos, animations, photography.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for different platforms.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: