- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
Aquent's Client is seeking a visual designer for its centralized design team. As a Visual Designer, you will work with stakeholders to understand users, define future products, and communicate new ideas. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals - from concept to execution - across many platforms.
This company is a unique place for design - their projects include technically ambitious, potentially world-changing, new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet, and smart contact lenses. Their projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. They’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible.
- Design UIs
- Take concept from mocks to finished assets—and help stakeholders understand decisions along the way.
- Create designs that fit a range of platforms (mobile, web, physical) and integrate modern design patterns such as motion and data visualization.
- Express future hardware or software concepts through animation or motion design.
- Explore novel ways to promote company values to its users via design.
- Communicate efficiently in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Create visual assets to support the communication of early concepts, strategies, or research insights.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of Design experience
- Proven experience designing visual UIs and apps.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Illustrator etc.).
- Proven experience with motion design for user interfaces
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take design feedback and incorporate it quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality work with good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, design concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Prepared to learn new domains and feel comfortable with ambiguity.
- Interest in early-stage technology.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: