Web Retouching Production Manager
This is an on-site project-dependent contract position. Projects are seasonal. The perfect candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Values (People, Service, Quality and Innovation). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day to day and will “assume positive intentions” at all times. Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude, and are more apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”) will be at the top of our list.
• Supports the Creative Production Operations Director and Senior Web Retoucher with assignment, resource allocation, and project tracking for web retouching department across both internal and external retouching teams.
• Is responsible, with the senior web retoucher, for delivering all expected files by the project deadline.
• Manages daily aspects of web retouching workflow, image and project assignment, tracking milestones.
• Compiles daily and weekly reporting on all active projects.
• Strategizes production planning, builds production calendars, tracks milestones of internal and external teams.
• Partners with outsource vendors and manage throughput and project milestones.
• Liaises with internal partners from other departments.
• Responds to internal partner’s emails regarding retouching images or projects.
• Daily and weekly sweeps of the DAM to identify aging or incomplete images.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Vets and responds to partner department retouching tests and requests.
• Pre-season strategies for new finish digital color references and hero images.
• Requests CADs and product construction information from Product Development.
• Provides timing and cost estimates for small projects and Jira tickets.
• Compiles quantitative reports to show project throughput rates. monitors team productivity and troubleshoots road blocks.
• Manages outsource vendor and internal partner relations. Cultivates partner relationships as needed.
• Produces quality communications both written and verbal form.
• Advanced Project Management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently with responsible follow through and effective communication to internal and external team members is required.
• Must have a thorough understanding of photography and retouching.
• Experience in Photoshop, InDesign, MS Word, MS Excel, and Google docs is required. Filemaker experience a plus. Ability to quickly learn new software and technology is mandatory
• The ability to self-edit prior to presenting/sharing/publishing work is mandatory.
• Must hold self, coworkers, vendors, and partners to the highest standards.
• Minimum 5 years production management in a high volume (or ecomm) studio or in-house creative department.