As a UX Product Designer on this team, you will work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders to practice human-centered software design.
About the Role:
Product Designers at this client have a passion for solving complex problems. They are human-centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset. They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach. They are able to contribute as a designer from end-to-end on projects, which means they are comfortable as researchers, data scientists, strategists, and designers. They employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders. And, they have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices and the flexibility to adapt to new technologies.
The Experience Design team focuses on designing the end-to-end customer experience delivered through multiple touchpoints across our retail footprint (i.e. our cafes and branches), often by our customer experience Associates. This means that, even if your job is to design a specific customer- or Associate-facing digital tool, you should be comfortable thinking through and integrating other aspects of the service experience into your design--such as marketing touchpoints, physical assets and environment design within the café/branch, Associate training and interaction model, etc.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
- Present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners
- Contribute to an open and collaborative team spirit.
- Translate your deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines and other mobile platform designs systems into simple IAs and wire flows.
- Define and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Use tools like Sketch, Zeplin, InvisionApp, Trello, Principal/Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, Framer and other relevant design or prototyping tools to create design assets.
A typical day might include facilitating a workshop to integrate Lean UX into a project, reviewing features with your cross-functional product team, working on interaction design or conducting research or prototype-testing with a customer or Associate in one of our hundreds of retail locations across the country.
- At least 3 years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- Experience designing for iOS applications for mobile or tablet.
- Master’s Degree in Design
- 7+ years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- 7+ years of experience designing digital products or omni-channel services
- 3+ years of experience with Information Architecture (IA)
- 3+ years of experience creating prototypes
- Service design experience